Goodwill Engineering is an Australian Disability Enterprise employing sixty-four people with disabilities.
Located in Malaga, Goodwill Engineering manufactures its own line of building hardware products and has a light engineering division, which manufactures a wide range of products.
What is an Australian Disability Enterprise (ADE)?
ADE is an employment agency funded by the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs to provide supported employment to people with disabilities.
What is supported employment?
Supported employment at Goodwill Engineering provides on-site support and training to employees to develop work skills and to maintain employment. Through workplace assessments, professional therapy staff identify individual supports and required workplace modifications to assist each employee to achieve their employment goals.
Providing supported employment for people with disabilities
While Goodwill Engineering operates as a strong and viable business, its primary focus is to provide supported employment for people with disabilities.
At Goodwill Engineering there are a variety of work opportunities for employees including machine operation, welding, product assembly, packaging and stores.
Support Services at Goodwill Engineering
· On and off the job training from qualified staff
· Productivity and competency award-based wages
· Independent wage assessment
· Superannuation scheme
· Individual employment plan to assist employees identify, develop and achieve work goals
· Workplace therapy services from an occupational therapist, speech pathologist and physiotherapist to ensure all individual supports are identified and met.
· Public bus service from Wellington Street Bus Station, and
· Social Club including dinner dances, family picnics, monthly happy hours and sausage sizzles.
Goodwill Engineering offers placements to students with disabilities from schools across the metropolitan area to participate in work experience and structured workplace learning to develop the skills required for the transition from school to employment.
“Goodwill Engineering train and assist students to
skills, which boosts their confidence and ability to work
as independently as possible.” Supported Education
Work Experience Coordinator
For further information about Goodwill Engineering and the services offered please contact Tracey Adams, Manager Supported Employment Services on 9249 3444 or email@example.com
For further information, click here to download the Goodwill Engineering brochure, or click here to visit Goodwill Engineering's website.